If your Schlage lock is not sending notifications, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take.
- Rebooting the lock and hub
- Updating the lock and hub’s firmware
- Checking the batteries and terminals
- Removing and re-adding the keypad
- Checking the Recently tab in the ST classic app to ensure notifications are enabled
If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to contact Schlage support for further assistance.
Schlage Lock Not Sending Notifications: How to Troubleshoot
Reboot the Lock and Hub
To reboot your Schlage lock and hub, you can follow these steps:
- Remove the batteries from the lock.
- Wait a few seconds and then insert the batteries back in.
- Reboot your hub by disconnecting the power and ethernet cables from the hub.
Wait for about 30 seconds and then reconnect the power and ethernet cables.
If you are using a SmartThings hub, you can also start by rebooting the hub and then pressing the Schlage button on the lock and entering the 6 digit programming code followed by 0.
Update Your Schlage Lock and Hub’s Firmware
To update the firmware on your Schlage lock and hub, you can follow these steps:
- Download the Allegion Engage app
- Use the app to check for and install any available firmware updates for your lock and hub
Firmware updates are released periodically to ensure continuous operation and improve the performance of your lock and hub. If you are having issues with your Schlage lock, updating the firmware may help resolve the problem
Update Your App
If you are experiencing issues with your Schlage lock app, such as not receiving notifications, you can try updating the app to see if that resolves the problem.
If you are using a third-party app, such as SmartThings or Wink, check your app store (Google Play or Apple App Store) and ensure the app is up to date.
Ensure your iOS device is running the latest version, and if you are using an Android device, make sure you have the current Android version, as outdated versions may cause issues.
Replace the Battery in Your Schlage Lock
To replace the battery in your Schlage lock, follow these steps:
- Remove the battery cover on the back of the lock.
- Remove the old batteries and dispose of them properly.
- Insert new batteries into the battery compartment, making sure to align the positive and negative ends correctly.
- Replace the battery cover and ensure it is securely in place
It is recommended to replace the batteries in your Schlage lock every 6-12 months, depending on usage.
If your lock is blinking orange, it may be an indication that the batteries are low and need to be replaced.
Reset the Lock
If you need to reset your Schlage lock, you can follow these steps:
- Remove the cover plate from the inside of the lock.
- Press and hold the reset button until the LED light stops flashing. The reset button is a circular black button in the center of the circuit board.
- Release the reset button and wait for the lock to beep three times, indicating that it has been reset.
It is important to note that resetting your lock will erase all user codes and settings, so you will need to reprogram the lock after resetting it.
If you are experiencing issues with your Schlage lock, such as not receiving notifications or the keypad not responding, you can try troubleshooting steps such as checking the batteries and terminals, updating the firmware, or rebooting the lock and hub.
Server Issues: Contact Customer Support
If you are experiencing server issues with your Schlage lock, such as not being able to lock or unlock remotely, it is recommended to contact customer support for assistance.
You can find contact information for Schlage customer support on their website or in the documentation that came with your lock.
It is also possible that the server issues are global and affecting multiple users, in which case you may need to wait for the issue to be resolved on their end.
In the meantime, you can try troubleshooting steps such as checking the batteries and terminals, updating the firmware, or rebooting the lock and hub.