If your Vivint thermostat is not responding to the app, there are a few troubleshooting tips you can try:
First, check if the thermostat is receiving power and if the display screen is blank.
You can also test the thermostat by pressing and holding the “Side” button and selecting the “Testing” option.
If you’re having problems with the Vivint Thermostat app, make sure your internet connection is solid.
If your thermostat shows it’s offline, you can follow the steps provided by Vivint Support to fix the issue.
You can test your HVAC system to ensure the Vivint Smart Thermostat is set up properly by using the test feature through Element> Settings> User> Test> Heat/Cool mode.
Updating the Vivint Thermostat app may also help resolve any issues you’re experiencing.
Vivint Thermostat Not Responding to App: Try These Troubleshooting Tips
check if the thermostat is receiving power
To check if your Vivint thermostat is receiving power, you can follow this troubleshooting guide:
If the display screen is blank, it might be because the thermostat is not receiving power, which could be caused by an interrupted power supply to your home, a tripped circuit breaker, poor thermostat batteries, loose wires, incorrect wiring, or a dirty thermostat.
You can also test your HVAC system to ensure the Vivint Smart Thermostat is set up properly by using the test feature through Element> Settings> User> Test> Heat/Cool mode.
You can press and hold the “Side” button for about 10 seconds to access the settings menu and run a diagnostic test.
Update Your Vivint App
Having an outdated Vivint app can be the cause of this type of problem. Ensure you have the most recent version by checking for updates. If there are any, be sure to download them right away.
This could be your solution! Keeping your app up-to-date can often resolve technical issues. It’s simple to do and can make a big difference.
So, if you’re experiencing difficulties, don’t forget to check your Vivint app. If there are new updates available, make sure to download them right away.
Here are the steps to follow to update your Vivint app:
- Head over to your Android device and open the Google Play Store to locate the Vivint app. If you’re an iPhone user, you can find the Vivint app in the App store.
- In the search bar, type in “Vivint app” and click on the app in the search results. This will take you to the download/update page.
- Once there, you’ll spot the Update button at the top of the screen – tap it to update the app.
Now try to operate your thermostat via the app to see if it works. If not, continue to the next step.
Refresh Your Vivint Thermostat’s Connection
To refresh your Vivint thermostat’s connection, you can follow these steps:
- First, turn on your Vivint SkyControl Panel and enter your pin to disarm the security system.
- Then, click on the menu icon at the bottom right of the home screen and select “Z-Wave”.
- Tap “Refresh Z-wave Network” to start refreshing your connection and select “Check” to complete the process.
- Close the menu, and your Vivint thermostat should be online now.
If this doesn’t work, you can try rebooting your Vivint SkyControl Panel by clicking on the menu icon, selecting “Settings”, and then “Reboot”.
Tap “Yes” to start rebooting, and the process should take about 10-15 minutes. Close the menu once the process is complete, and your Vivint thermostat should be connected now.
Reboot Your Vivint SkyControl Panel
To reboot your Vivint SkyControl Panel, you can follow the steps:
- First, disarm your system and go to your panel settings.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu icon in the bottom right corner, tap Devices under SMART, and then tap Displays.
- Tap on the panel you want to reboot, tap Reboot, and then Yes to confirm
- If you want to factory reset your Vivint SkyControl 2.0, you can press and hold the reset button for 60 seconds while it is powered on.
- The panel will show the loading bar and it will reset.
This will only work if the reset defaults button is turned on in the installer toolbox, which it is by default.
Update Your Vivint Panel Firmware
The issue you’re experiencing might not be the fault of the app or the thermostat itself; it could be your Vivint control panel.
It’s possible that your panel is malfunctioning due to an outdated firmware version. Vivint releases new firmware versions regularly in order to ensure everything runs smoothly.
So, you’ll need to check and update the firmware version of your Vivint panel. That should do the trick.
Follow the steps below to do this:
- Open the menu by tapping the three little dots that you can find on your Vivint panel Home screen.
- After entering your PIN, head to the General option.
- Once you’ve arrived there, you will be able to see the current firmware version, or if your Vivint panel is already running the latest version, it will be stated as “Panel is up to date”.
- If it isn’t, click on the Software Update option and follow the instructions that appear on the screen in order to complete the upgrade.