If your Eufy camera is not picking up motion, there are several things you can try to fix the issue:
- First, make sure that the camera feature and motion detection feature have been enabled in the camera settings.
- Check that the area you want to detect is within the camera’s viewing area and that the camera is online and has sufficient battery
- You can also try adjusting the camera’s motion detection level and sensitivity level, testing your WiFi connection status, resetting the EufyCam, and checking for firmware updates
- Another option is to check the motion detection settings in the Eufy app and ensure that the feature is turned on
- Finally, make sure that the camera is installed in an active area and not in an inactive area.
Why is my Eufy Camera Not Picking Up Motion?
If your Eufy camera is not picking up motion, there are several possible reasons and solutions:
- First, check the camera’s motion detection level and raise the sensitivity level if necessary.
- Also, make sure that the motion detection feature is enabled.
- If the camera is not detecting motion in a specific area, check that the area is within the camera’s viewing area.
- Another possible reason for the issue is a weak WiFi connection.
- Test your WiFi connection status and reset the EufyCam if necessary.
- Check the battery level of the camera.
- If the battery is low, consider replacing it with a new one.
- If none of the above solutions work, check for firmware updates and install them if available.
- Finally, try re-installing the camera in a new location.
Eufy Camera Not Picking Up Motion: Guide to Fix
Re-install Your Eufy Camera in a New Location
To reinstall your Eufy camera in a new location, you will need to reset the camera to its original settings.
To do this, you can press and hold the Sync button on the camera for 10 seconds until you hear two beeps.
You can press and hold the reset button for 8 seconds until you hear two beeps.
Once the camera is reset, you can set it up again in the Eufy app and choose a new location for the camera.
Make sure that the new location is within the camera’s viewing area and is an active area to ensure that the camera can detect motion properly.
Move the Camera Closer to Your Wi-Fi Router
Moving the Eufy camera closer to your Wi-Fi router can improve the camera’s signal strength and connectivity.
However, it is important to note that the Eufy camera does not use Wi-Fi between the home base and cameras, but only between the router and the home base.
To improve the Wi-Fi connection for your Eufy camera, you can set up a Wi-Fi connection for your home base by following the instructions in the Eufy app.
If you need to move the home base to a better location, you can disconnect the Ethernet cable and move the home base with the AC power unit to a new location.
Additionally, if you need to change the Wi-Fi details for your Eufy security devices, you can follow the instructions provided in the Eufy app.
Charge Your Eufy Camera’s Battery
To charge your Eufy camera’s battery, you can connect the camera to a 5V/2A power adapter using the provided micro USB charging cable and plug the adapter into a wall outlet.
- The charging time for the Eufy camera is approximately 4 hours.
- For Eufy SoloCams, you can use the provided USB-C charging cable to charge the camera for 8-10 hours to fully charge the SoloCam.
- If you need to charge the Eufy 2c camera, you can take down the camera and use the normal electricity in your home to charge the camera.
- Make sure to fully charge the camera’s battery before using it to ensure optimal performance and battery life.
Activate Motion Detection Settings for your Eufy Camera
To activate motion detection settings for your Eufy camera, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Eufy app on your mobile device.
- Select the camera you want to adjust.
- Tap the gear symbol to access the camera settings.
- Select the Motion Detection box.
- Ensure that the Motion Detection feature is turned on.
- Adjust the motion sensitivity level to your desired setting.
You can also test the camera’s motion detection level, raise the camera’s sensitivity level, and check your WiFi connection status to ensure that the camera is working properly.
You can configure the motion detection region on your Eufy camera by following the instructions provided in the Eufy app or on YouTube.
By activating motion detection settings, your Eufy camera will be able to capture video whenever there is motion within its viewing field and alert you about specific events that could pose danger to your property.
Increase Motion Sensor Sensitivity
To increase the motion sensor sensitivity of your Eufy camera, you can adjust the motion detection settings in the Eufy app.
First, you can test the motion detection level of your camera by going outside in front of the camera and following the steps below:
- Open the Eufy app and select the camera you want to test.
- Tap the gear symbol and select the Motion Detection box.
- Choose Motion Test Mode.
- Determine the motion sensitivity by looking at the camera and the Eufy app.
If you find that the detection distance is too short or the camera has occasionally missed some motion, you can adjust the motion sensitivity level in the camera settings.
To do this, go to Camera Settings and find Motion Detection. Tap Motion Test Mode at the bottom of the page and adjust the sensitivity level to your desired setting.
Make sure that the area you want to detect is located within the camera’s viewing area and that the camera is online and has sufficient battery.
Set up Activity Zones
To set up activity zones for your Eufy camera, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Eufy app and select the camera you want to set up activity zones for.
- Tap the gear symbol and select the Motion Detection box.
- Choose Activity Zone and click the ⊕ icon to create a new zone.
- The new zone will appear in the middle of the screen.
- Tap and drag the sides of the zone to adjust its size and position.
- Once you have set up the activity zone, click Save to save the changes.
You can also watch YouTube videos to learn how to set motion sensitivity and detection zones for EufyCam security cameras.
You can set up a maximum of three activity zones to cover an area where you do not want motion to be detected.
By setting up activity zones, your Eufy camera will be able to detect motion more accurately and alert you about specific events that could pose danger to your property.
Activate Push Notifications in the EufySecurity App
To activate push notifications in the EufySecurity app, you can follow these steps:
- Go to your phone’s settings and select Notifications.
- Allow EufySecurity to enable notifications by turning on the switch or allowing notifications in the app permissions
- Make sure that EufySecurity is added to the app whitelist in your phone’s settings
- If you are still having trouble receiving notifications, you can enable DEBUG mode in the Eufy add-on and check the logs from Eufy Security.
Leave a Reply